Re: (erielack) Happy Erie Lackawanna Day!

My favorite memory---and there are many--was watching the detour of a 150+
car freight over the Morristown Linesometime during the mid- to late-1960s.
(This was a rare event.)  From where I stood trackside in South Orange, NJ,
when the lead units (probably Geeps) had made it past South Orange station
(about a 1/2 mile to the west) the end of the caboose was somewhere upgrade
past Mountain Station (1/4 mile east) and probably past Highland Avenue
(another 1/2 mile east).  The train was so long, and the signal blocks so
short on the M&E, that the train was occupying four and maybe five blocks
simultaneously.

             "Fred Stratton"
             <erief7_@_msn.com>
             erielack-owner_@_li         STEVEZ10@aol.com
             sts.elhts.org             erielack_@_lists.elhts.org
                                                                        cc

             10/17/2006 09:18                                      Subject
             AM                        (erielack) Happy Erie Lackawanna
                                       Day!

             Please respond to
              "Fred Stratton"
             <erief7_@_msn.com>

Steve,
Thanks for the reminder. Suppose in honor of our beloved RR, today each one
of us share just one thing about the EL that sticks in our minds the most.

 Mine would be growing up in Wayne, NJ, hearing the RS3's throttle up
westbound out of Mt. View station and then coast behind my house with the
clickity-clank of a string of coaches behind, I can hear it to this day.

Fred Stratton

MP. 7.2 NS Asheville line

Salisbury, NC