Re: (erielack) Happy Erie Lackawanna Day!

In a message dated 10/17/2006 9:34:29 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Charles_Walsh_@_berlex.com writes:
My favorite memory---and there are many--was watching the detour of a 150+
car freight over the Morristown Linesometime during the mid- to late-1960s.
(This was a rare event.)  From where I stood trackside in South Orange, NJ,
when the lead units (probably Geeps) had made it past South Orange station
(about a 1/2 mile to the west) the end of the caboose was somewhere upgrade
past Mountain Station (1/4 mile east) and probably past Highland Avenue
(another 1/2 mile east).  The train was so long, and the signal blocks so
short on the M&E, that the train was occupying four and maybe five blocks
simultaneously.

Chuck,

Wow, that must have been a site to see! I have a video in my collection that
shows a rather long train with a string of tank cars heading west through
Chatham... That was probably in the late 1960's as well... Could it have been the
P'burger or another train?

Steve

Check out myspace page!!!
http://www.myspace.com/638985