(erielack) Train 1015 at LF

To view or download the image(s), click on or cut and paste the
following URL into your web browser:

http://lists.railfan.net/listthumb.cgi?erielack-10-16-06

EL_Train_1015_at_Little_Falls_Pat_Thye_B_W.jpg (image/jpeg, 1408x976 256930 bytes, BF: 5.35 ppb)

Listers,

Here is another one that I took a few days later of Train No. 1015 at Little Falls. This is summer 1964. Trainman Pat J. Thye on this day has his uniform jacket on. In the previous photo I sent yesterday, Pat didn't have it on. It was common to see the guys in just a white shirt and tie on hot summer days. Note the Erie milk car to the left.

The Boonton cars rode much better at speed then the Erie Stilwells, although car weight was not much different.

It was just great to go for a ride, at any time. In summer, windows would be open, and one could listen to the Alco RS's or Geep's accelerate from a station stop. During winter time, the muggy steam heat would welcome you. The crews were wonderful, and they knew everyone. It seemed it would go on forever, and didn't.

JJBoehner