Re: (erielack) CWR on the EL & curve elevation relaxation after #5 & #6

If I recall correctly, the CWR laid between Greenville and Meadville was in
1967. There was still jointed rail on the curves, and the tangent sections
only had 1/4 mile maximum lengths that were not welded together. On the
tangent from Greenville to Shenango I remember a couple joints that were
distinctly heard because they were so far apart.

After The Lake Cities was gone, they relaxed the elevation on the curves
between Greenville and Amasa taking them to 35mph from 45mph, IIRC again. A
friend of mine who worked MofW then said it was for the better, because they
did not have to spend as much time on those curves as before and easier on
track structure while still getting the freight through at a speed they were
doing anyway.

Paul Stumpff