Re: (erielack) November Trains Picture

The caption in Trains says that the photo is from May 1950, but there's
still snow on the ground!  And the engine is belching steam like it's 20
degrees out.  I bet you the photographer took the picture earlier on (like
in February or March) but didn't have the photos processed until May.

             "Paul Brezicki"
             <doctorpb_@_bellsou
             th.net>                                                    To
             Sent by:                  "EL Mailing List"
             erielack-owner_@_li         <erielack@lists.elhts.org>
             sts.elhts.org                                              cc

                                                                   Subject
             10/06/2006 07:10          (erielack) November Trains Picture
             AM

             Please respond to
              "Paul Brezicki"
             <doctorpb_@_bellsou
                  th.net>

My guess would be a short light-engine move. I doubt that they would expend
a crew to move a single loco to the scrapper; on such a trip it would be
dead-in-tow. BTW, what's a 2-9-0, a decapod that's lost a wheel perhaps?
;-)

Paul B

There is a picture in the Lackawanna article on page 55 of a 2-9-0 running
light across the Deleware viaduct in 1950.  I'm wondering about this
picture.  Was this engine returning to the B&P after being serviced at Port
Morris or was it on its way to scrapping at Scranton?  There's no way of
knowing, but it is something to speculate about.

Ed Montgomery