RE: (erielack) Favorite Era

Fred Stratton commented:

> Very good point and observations. As you say, my favorite era
> was the late 60's and early 70's and like you lost interest
> for a time around 1976 (Conrail?)

I must be the "odd man out" here, or maybe it was my youthful naivete? :)

I thought the early CR era was really neat! Of course, I lamented the loss of my beloved EL, but to a young kid, the real-live sightings of RDG GP30s, LV U23Bs, and PC F7s were tremendous! It was like a whole new world of railroading opened up to me!

Of course, that era was short-lived, and two years after Conrail, the through-freight traffic on the Boonton Line disappeared. :(   It was fun while it lasted, though.