Re: (erielack) Mystery Photo Location

Bob and listers,

  That is East Stroudsburg without a doubt.  The first clue is station canopy.  That is definately the East Stroudsburg Station.  The dwarf signal to the right is in the correct position from diagrams that I have seen.  That would have been in the general area the PRR doodlebug layed over at between runs.

  Just out of the photo and to the right would be where that vertical black water tank was located.

  Rich Pennisi

Dlw1el2_@_aol.com wrote:
To view or download the image(s), click on or cut and paste the
following URL into your web browser:

http://lists.railfan.net/listthumb.cgi?erielack-03-18-06

Mystery_photo_001.jpg (image/jpeg, 702x310 117810 bytes, BF: 1.85 ppb)

Seeking any thoughts on this photo. First thoughts all lead to E.
Stroudsburg.

But:

The freight house was east of the overhead bridge at S Burg. Where this
building in the foreground stood I believe was an open area. Appears to be at
an interlocking, via the signal, and dwarf signal.

Bob Bahrs

 Yahoo! Mail