RE: (erielack) New life in Massachusetts for former EL/NJDOT Comet I's

- --- "Paul R. Tupaczewski" <paultup_@_optonline.net> wrote:
> > http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/archivethumbs.aspx?id=10888
> >
> > Thanks goes to Adam Sullivan for these shots of MBTA's 5 new
> > acquisitions!
> > SteveP.

> Sorry to say, but I've heard MBTA bought the coaches solely for their
> trucks; the carbodies will be scrapped. :(

I wouldn't be surprised.  The cars were retired because of a 'minor' issue
of the emergency door releases being INSIDE the car instead of next to the
doors, but I'm sure they would need other work...

HOWEVER, six Comet I's will be heading to MAINE for the Morristown &
Erie's Maine Eastern operations.

Gary R. Kazin
DL&W Milepost R35.7
Rockaway, New Jersey