RE: (erielack) Hostler's rules

Rich,
  In re: Mr. Wogan.........long ago at SN Jct, I was coming on duty & Don
Willamon was being relieved when a boy scout special arrived from Youngstown
& changed ends to run over the cutoff to Pymatuning & back thru Sharon to
Youngstown. When they finished changing ends, Mr Wogan breifly appeared on
the rear coach & removed one of the marker lamps (this was in the era when
RRs still used marker lamps & not pieces of tin) as a test. I, being new,
didn't pick up on this, but Don did & with a few well-chosen words on the
radio proceeded to warn others up the road.
    "SN TO THE BOY SCOUT SPECIAL, YOU HAVE NO MARKER ON THE NORTH SIDE
DEPARTING SN." repeated 3 or 4 times. We sat there listening to the
Leavittsburg yard job, a train in the siding at Johnsons, Latimer tower, and
a few others repeat this timely warning. No letters of reprimand that
day.........too bad. I believe in complying with the rules, but have never
cared for entrapment like this.
Regards, Walt Smith