(erielack) Re: June EL fantrip

In a message dated 3/13/2006 3:34:08 AM Mountain Standard Time,
erielack-owner_@_lists.elhts.org writes:

> From: "JG at graytrainpix" <graytrainpix_@_hotmail.com>
> Subject: (erielack) The Best EL Fantrip?
>
> I was wondering who else on this list rode that RRE fantrip from Hoboken to
> Binghampton on June 9, 1968?

I was on the trip also Jim. It was the last fantrip with EL through-line
equipment. The trip was sponsored by the RRE, and was a part of their convention
activities. I shot a lot of B&W film before and during the trip, and I will be
making these available to ELDCPS for THE DINER DIGEST. The weather was cloudy
and overcast at first, but cleared later.

I cannot say if this trip was the "best". The EL/LV trip was great, along
with the one to Beacon on the NH via Maybrook. That trip had the 2996 in the
consist, and the Dining Car Department staff were doing a brisk business selling
surplus items from their department. I still don't know how I got all that
stuff I bought home, but I did!

I would dearly love to go back in time to ride those trips again . . .

JJBoehner