RE: (erielack) Google Earth

Chuck Walsh asked:

> I'm curious where the bumper block is because as recently as September
> (when I was working in Wayne) there wasn't any bumper block
> in the vicinity
> of the connection with NJ Transit at Mountain View.

Ken is referring to the connection between the former DL&W Boonton Line (today's NJT "Main Line" and the NY&GL down in Jersey City, just northwest of West End Interlocking. The connection was referred to as "GL Jct."

In the satellite view, you can see the former switch is gone - just a straightrailed "Main Line" - but the rest of the connection trackage going down the hill to connect with the NY&GL. The bumper is at the GL Jct. end of the track.