(erielack) Wires down at Summit etc

I used to catch more flack than than that for dispatching errors I made at
the club layout.

Paul B

Hey, Len,
  If u ever get a copy of VINTAGE RAILS - Spring 1996 issue, you'll see my
profile as freman/operator on the ERIE Mahoning Division. In this case I had
lined a freight over the cutoff & next would be ERIE #6 (Lake Cities) which
took the route thru the cities of Warren, Niles, Youngstown, & Sharon. I'd
left the lineup for the freight cutoff & when #6 hit the bell pulled the
signal & sent him up the cutoff (to the enginecrew it was the same
indication - they figured the towerman would make the proper lineup. As #6
went by on it's way up the cutoff, the old engineer came on the radio & said
"I can't steer this thing, bub'. I gave him the reverse dwarf & he backed up
then I sent him the proper way. I never heard another word. I reported him a
little late but the dispatcher (Mr. Ray Brody) must have thought I'd learned
a lesson.
Regards,
Walter E. Smith