RE: (erielack) Flying Switch, Need of a Translation.

List,

   I was once told by an old railroader that when a flying switch was
performed on a siding that was short, the engine would pull into the siding
and let the car roll forward of the switch on the main.  The engine would
then pull out, retrieve the car and spot it.

Tim Phalon