Re: (erielack) DL&W and ERIE "minor" branches

There was an Erie branch of about 1 1/2 miles on the west side of Newburgh,
NY.  It went to the DuPont factory but also served lumber and coal yards and
a clothing factory.  When it was opened in 1914, the city had been trying to
get the RR to build it for several years.  The opening was celebrated by
passenger excursions for the public all day, the only time as far as I know
that passenger trains used it.  Most of it was out of service by the mid
1970's, but about 1/2 mile of track is still there, crossing route 32, but
out of service.
   There was also a track which connected the Erie and DL&W in Johnson City,
NY. I think it served some of the E-J shoe factories and ran through the
city streets.  I don't know who owned the track.
  Also on the north side of Hornell there was about a mile long spur running
east from the Buffalo line, south of and parallel to the Canisteo River.  I
think it was a remnant of the PS&N.  At the corner of Seneca and Adsit
Streets there was a scrap yard which always had some gondolas being loaded.
One of the real scenic delights of Hornell.  I guess it was torn out in the
1980's.