Re: (erielack) Fwd: [ErieLackawannaRR] Re: SNAGGED PANTOGRAPH DISRUPTS ERIE-LACKAWANNA SERVI...

Hi Rich,

Your story reminded me of an incident that also involved a derailment in
Hoboken.  I rode the Boonton Line in 72-73 and one evening my train was
backing in and derailed on one of the slip switches.  They cobbled together
another train for us that summer afternoon and off we went in a
thunderstorm.  We past West End and onto the GL branch and stopped.
Lighting had knocked out DB.  So, after another delay we backed up through
West End and went west on the Morris and Essex to Denville where we then
went east on the Boonton Line.  It was around midnight when I detrained in
Lincoln Park!

Pete S