(erielack) Newberry Jct (was CNJ...how about others?)

I guess it can be a gray area. Trackage rights involves "operation" by the
tenant road, which to me implies tenant road crews. Prior to the BNSF
merger, ATSF ran one or two pairs of intermodal trains between California
and Memphis. The segment between Avard OK and Memphis (ex SLSF) was operated
by BN under a haulage agreement; ATSF train and locomotives, but BN crews.
In any event, the Newberry Jct operation looked much different than the B&O
haulage, as the Erie/EL traffic was handled in B&O trains. Minor point: I
believe it's "Lawrenceville".

Paul B

Erie chose to pay NYC to operate the trains rather than pay