Re: (erielack) CNJ\EL pool trains, New connection?

Tupaczewski, Paul R (Paul) wrote:

To view or download the image(s), click on or cut and paste the
following URL into your web browser:

http://lists.railfan.net/listthumb.cgi?erielack-10-28-05

3647_meeting_ES-99-Train_CS-9_-_Lake_Jct_NJ_-_3-12-74_-_John_Durant.jpg (image/jpeg, 640x480 56485 bytes, BF: 5.44 ppb)

    Here's my question. Between the EB EL track and the new
connection ramp
there is a white sign with a "C" cut out of it. In the pic, the "C" is
backwards so, The only way to see this sign properly is if a
WB EL train is
running on the EB track (the sign would be on the left hand
side) Or a train
coming up the new ramp (in this case the sign is on the
right) What does
this sign mean? Was it for trains on the EL main or the new
connection?

If you do a Yahoo image search for EL3647, You can get a
thumbnail of the
pic I'm talking about. I can not find a full size image
online any more.

Attached is the picture in question, I'd like to hear the answer to this myself. Anyone got a rulebook they can look in?

Is it  Clearance sign?  If the train is back of the sign it will clear the
other track?

bob gilllis