Re: Fw: (erielack) Seatrain (was: NY-98 spotting feature)

With all of the SeaTrain discussion people might be interested in
learning a bit more of the rather unique history behind it. I've read
several articles from Railway Age of the period, but here's a a
reasonably well done presentation which includes the history of SeaLand
and as the author suggests, its inspiration, SeaTrain:

http://www.patrec.murdoch.edu.au/PATREC%20Seminar%20Papers/Seminar%207%2006Aug04%20Donovan/Donovan%20Seminar%20SeaTrain%20to%20Sealand%2022-06-04.pdf

This is a long URL and will wrap I'm sure, so copy and paste it into
your browser. It IS a pdf file too by the way.

And a couple of images:

http://www.usmm.org/seatraintexas.html

http://www.jjma.com/Documents/PhotoGallery/commerce/SeatrainB.htm

http://www.navsource.org/archives/09/1702.htm

http://www.geocities.com/TheTropics/1965/whoami.htm
(scroll down the page)

And a web site for you container freaks (including rib side SeaTrain
containers):

http://www.matts-place.com/intermodal/part1/40footdryvans.htm

Will Shultz

Paul Brezicki wrote:

> ctrs?
>
>>I've seen only smooth-side. I ck'd the RMIG website and the last two
>>installments are no longer available. Good website, though.
>>
>>Paul B

End of EL List Daily V3 #1817