Re: (erielack) Fw: [TierSightings] Double Track Across Starucca is Gone

NYS&W/DO/CNY did apply for permission to remove signals, they retracted
it soon after their derailment I believe, otherwise it might have happened.

Joshua

> Steve,
>
> It's not as easy as that to remove signals.  The railroad must apply
for such removal with a petition sent to the FRA.  If FRA agrees with
their petition to remove signals, only then can it happen.

> Rich
>
> STEVEZ10_@_aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 10/27/2005 2:35:38 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> doubletrack_@_comcast.net writes:
> Even though Id rather see remain Double im semi Surprised that conrail
> hadnt singled it 20 years ago... ive only seen it from the below in
> person so didn know how many tracks wew there in 95
> I am even more amazed that NYSW isn't going to remove the
signals....Just FYI