Re: (erielack) Operations of CNJ-EL SE-98/ES-99

I am pretty sure the operating agreement didn't permit any work enroute,
after all it was a CNJ overhead train. However, one should never use absolutes,
because as soon as you do, up comes Lem Kumquat with "...oh.no, I remember one
nite he set out a boxcar at ----......".
I was in Scranton one evening, standin across from the  Bridge 60 tower with
Hal Carstens (this was during an O&W Soc convention in '72 or 73). We could
see the CNJ units up by the station in the distance. There were two EL SD45s
across from us tied on as pushers. All of a sudden the loudspeaker boomed "OK,
98, shove 'em" and the enginman shoved it up to notch 8, and off they roared. It
was quite impressive. Got a neat photo also, too bad it didn't come with
sound!
Jim Dalberg