RE: (erielack) Copyright law

> Paul's making one copy and sending it to another person is
> fair use and
> not a copyright infringement.

You would be shot down in 2 seconds in a court of law if you think this is true. How is this different from me making a copy of a record and giving it to my brother? That is patently illegal (and a violation of copyright law)

"Fair use" when it comes to print media usually constitutes making copies for yourself for your own purposes (modeling, study, etc.).  If you want the article, and it's not on the newsstand, most magazines will usually photocopy it for you for a small fee. And Kalmbach is a VERY large corporation and has the resources to be very litigious if they want to be.

There is to be NO posting of copywritten information to this list. You can follow the standard disclaimer ("portions can be reproduced in reviews, etc.") if you're going to post - you can also paraphrase what is written, but outright posting of a copywritten article is forbidden.

As someone pointed out, this IS a public list, and as such the list would be the beneficiary of any negative repercussions. And we don't want that now, do we?