(erielack) Where were the buttons?

To view or download the image(s), click on or cut and paste the
following URL into your web browser:

http://lists.railfan.net/listthumb.cgi?erielack-10-23-05

LackawannaHalf.jpg (image/jpeg, 931x595 111395 bytes, BF: 4.97 ppb)

   At a Millburn house sale years ago I ran in and out quickly, but with
enough time to grab two of these headrest covers/antimacassars from a
bedroom table that was *loaded* with railroad memorabilia. I really wish I
had rummaged for more than a minute, but I was happy to find these. I
donated them to the historical society collection and, as with all the other
items I have asked about, I would like to be sure I display this correctly
when I finally get a small railroad exhibition together.
   I assume the cover buttoned so that the name faced the person behind, but
where were the buttons? On the top edge of the seat? Further down the back
of the seat? Were these things changed every day? How old are they?
   Many thanks.
Lynne