Re: (erielack) Group discusses past and future of Lackawanna Cutoff

Steve,

You're absolutely correct.  Many inaccuracies...I'll add that the speed
limit on the line was 80 mph (except for speed restrictions) not "65 or 70"
as in the article.  Unfortunately, most writers rely on local historians
for information (because they're lazy), as in this case, who may or may not
be railroad-oriented.  It seems that the folks mentioned are mostly
well-intentioned, but clueless, individuals.

Chuck

                      STEVEZ10_@_aol.com
                      Sent by:
                      erielack-owner_@_list To:     root@net.bluemoon.net
                      s.elhts.org                 erielack_@_lists.elhts.org
                                          cc:
                                          Subject:
                      10/19/2005 03:19 PM         Re: (erielack) Group discusses past and future of Lackawanna Cutoff
                      Please respond to
                      STEVEZ10

In a message dated 10/19/2005 2:42:18 PM Eastern Daylight Time,