(erielack) MTH O gauge

Notice I didn't say "O SCALE" because, to my eyes, they aren't.  This issue has been roiling the O lists and forums for months.

If you are of the "must have it at any cost" school, you'll be happy.  If you belong to the "must be scale in any event", you won't.  To meet the 3-rail demand, ALL O scale suppliers who provide RTR adjust the dimensions to fit O Gauge toy track.  Since the 3-rail demand is insatiable, they also follow the "if we build it, they'll buy it" philosophy.

Thus the MTH B&O Triplex (no doubt in blue) and the GN ditto ( probably in Glacier Green.)

In diesels, the power trucks have become  individual units with slot car motors mounted nose down.  The bodies are high-mounted to allow the trucks to swing.  And the pilots swing with the trucks.  O gauge, maybe, but O SCALE they ain't!

And they don't get it!  They bring in 275 of an item in 3-rail and 25 in 2-rail.  The 3-rail sells out before delivery and the 2-rail just sits there, so they complain that the 2-railers don't really want what they say they want.  We do, but they won't produce it.

Oh, well!  I have what I need for the rest of my life.

Randy Brown,  53 years an Erie O SCALER!