RE: (erielack) SF-100 consist sheet

Paul Brezicki wrote:

> Re "D" car: someone suggested Plate D box. There is one such
> car on the
> sheet that has EL reporting marks (EL166158), but as luck wd
> have it, it is
> absent from the Color Guide so presumably it's a leaser. Is
> it one of those
> yellow and black cars, Paul?

No, EL 166158 is one of those renumbered cars that EL started putting into its 100000-series (the reason for which still eludes us [possibly company service?] - there was a discussion on this a while back on this list as well). This one is a plain-jane 50' boxcar.

> We need someone with an old ORIR
> to help with
> this, and also with ATSF524199, listed as car type "A" which
> I think is an
> all-door car but I'm not sure.

That can't be; ATSF never hard all-door cars.  I'll have to dig out my 1974 ORER at home....