Re: (erielack) RE: Conrail TV-77 with EL unit

Guys

6/1/77 Conrail freight schedule shows TV77:

Departs Croxton for Chicago via

Scranton
Binghamton
Elmira (Stop for pickup)
Hornell
River junction
Salamanca
Meadville
Kent
Akron
Orrville
Crestline
Fort Wayne
Chicago - 51st St.

Cars blocked for MP-Chicago, ATSF- Chicago and Chicago.

TV98 Chicago - Croxton was on the ERIE side east of Binghamton

So says the schedule.

Ben
At 01:40 PM 10/7/05 -0400, Tupaczewski Paul R Paul wrote:
>Paul & Group,
>
>>I just stumbled upon a neat post EL shot with a untouced GP35 on the
point near Kent, Ohio in October of 1976....Does anyone know where this train
>>originated?? With all the Cutoff freight discussion I thought maybe it
left Croxton and either went via the Southern Tier or the NJ
Cutoff...Anyone have any
>>details on the routing of this train??
>>
>>http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=49631
>

>Doing a bit of research, it looks like this train was based out out of
South Kearny, but in the early years perhaps Croxton? I'm fairly certain it
traveled over the Erie side.