Re: (erielack) EL Operations

That makes sense. I examined the record more carefully, and 6 of the 16 trains listed did not change crews at Kent. None of the ones that did consumed more than 8 1/2 hrs Marion-Meadville. Looks like the i/d agreement didn't save the RR much money, at least not that month. It was January, so maybe a lot of the i/d guys had the flu.

Paul B
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Smtimko_@_aol.com
  To: doctorpb_@_bellsouth.net ; erielack@lists.railfan.net
  Sent: Thursday, October 06, 2005 8:51 AM
  Subject: Re: (erielack) EL Operations

  In a message dated 10/6/2005 6:04:42 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, doctorpb_@_bellsouth.net writes:
    The review of Second/100's
    Jan/75 operation shows the train changing crews in Kent. I had thought that
    by this time, the east coast trains were running through Marion-Meadville,
    so evidently that change occured later in '75.

  Paul

  The Inter divisional Agreement went into effect in February, 1969.  The fact that 2/100 was changing crews in Kent may have indicated that an Interdivisional crew was not available in Marion when the train was ordered, the train was delayed enroute due to derailment, crossing accident or other reasons.  The 100's were Interdivisional trains, but on occasion---they operated in the short (or Divisional) pool.

  smt

End of EL List Daily V3 #1796