RE: (erielack) Port Morris Intermodal?

> Wayne, NJ is a good intermodel spot, but didn't we all
> mention that there
> were would be clearance issues on NJT in and around Denville
> and Dover?? I guess
> they would have to raise the catenary......Also the current
> speed restriction
> through Dover for freights is 15 mph....

If you're running piggyback service (think EL!), the catenary's not an issue. And there is NO WAY that NJT is going to raise catenary height for double-stacks...

Best bet is a piggyback or construction waste transfer facility (or for that matter, bulk unloading - covered hoppers or corn syrup tankers - I'm surprised NS hasn't jumped on that business, the NYS&W seems to be doing a pretty good job with all of these commodities today)