RE: (erielack) Edgewater Branch

Paul Brezicki asks:

> Does anyone know if the Edgewater branch is still in service?

All that's left is the part that comes out of Susquehanna's Little Ferry Yard and heads east towards the Palisades. The branch terminates just before it gets to the Edgewater Tunnel, and the railroad uses it to store empty intermodal equipment now.

On the Edgewater side, you'd be hard pressed to find any remnants of track still around in this heavily-redeveloped area.

At least the EL ferry "Binghamton" is still in Edgewater! :)

> Also, acc to
> my SPV map, Erie's Weehawken branch at one time went to
> Edgewater (I guess
> it was once known as the "Edgewater branch") and connected
> with Susie-Q
> there. When was it cut back to Weehawken?

As far as I know, the Erie's Weehawken Branch ended AT WEEHAWKEN. There was never any track that I know of between the NYC's tunnel at Weehawken and Edgewater along the Hudson River.

The SPV maps are good, but are known to have inaccuracies in there as well.