RE: (erielack) Boonton Line freight trains-analysis

Chuck Walsh asked:

> Any idea how long CS-9 and IHB-7 continued to operate after
> April Fools Day
> 1976?

I have shots of both trains running until at least the beginning of 1977. I think IHB-7 was just a train that was thrown onto the DL&W side just to give it some traffic; I think rerouting it to other lines was a simple task.

CS-9's "raison d'etre" kinda disappeared with the CR merger. Scranton's importance as a major division point was significantly reduced under CR, and towards the end, the train did little work. Here's what I think it did:

* Dropped cars off at Great Notch for the Greenwood Lake Haul (did it do this in CR years?)
* Dropped off "water bottle" cars for Drew at Boonton
* Made setouts at East Dover?
* Made setouts at Portland, PA?

Not much work there. After CS-9 disappeared, did the Boonton Drill simply handle these cars? (since Drew was in operation until at least 1980)