Re: (erielack) Boonton Line freight trains - analysis

Paul and Chuck,

Interesting stuff on the freight train analysis during the late 60's early
70's.....Thanks!
The question still remains though how many trains ran via the Cutoff during
the early Conrail years. I know Conrail ran the CS-9 until late 1978 or so,
but
how about other trains?? I have a picture in my collection of a Conrail pig
train taken in the snow in 1978...Anyone know what intermodel trains were
routed this way in 1977/78?? I'm guessing by 1977 Conrail changed symbols to
TV-98/etc..... And yes, I believe the switch to access the Cutoff at Port
Morris was
removed in  late December of 1978...So it was probably taken out of service
in early 1979......