(erielack) when i worked for the railroad

for interest list members;
i work as a m-o-w crew for the NY&LE for the summer of 1981 out of gowanda
ny.  i worked both lines; the line to salamanca (the orginal main line from
piermont to dunkirk) ie the dunkirk branch which was ripped up from dayton
west in 1976. also i worked on the  line north toward buffalo the b&sw
mostly tie and rail  realignment.  i only worked till august1981, but i have
my railroad retirement card that i earned while working for bob dingman and
his railroad.
also i have spent numerous hours as a child  at bison yard watching the hump
yard while my dad went in to get his paycheck while on vacation.  also many
hours too in meadville yard watching switching operations in erie lackawanna
times while visitng relatives.  in college i lived in wellsville next to the
east bound switch on the west side of wellsville near the golf course.  so i
could catch the only rail traffic on thel ine  which was eloi-oiel which ran
around 2 am.  dave green can verify this.

Tim Heckman
ELHS#2571
MP 35 DAYTON HILL 2.5% GRADE STEEPEST ON ERIE
son, grandson and great grandson of erie employees