(erielack) Worked On The Railroad CLP&E

List,

This is a bit of tongue and cheek - CLP&E wasn't a real railroad.

Back in the early seventies I was a volunteer for the Conneaut Lake Park &
Eastern RR. Some of you from the Penn-Ohio area may remember this - that is, if
your old enough.

This was the operation of the Midwest Railway Historical Foundation out of
the Cleveland - Akron area. Power was ex-GTW 2-8-2 #  4070. The railroad was
operated on the Conneaut Lake Park Branch of the Bessemar & Lake Erie RR. The
line ran from Lynce's Junction on the Bessemer's Meadville Branch to Conneaut
Lake Park, a distance of about 1.4 miles.

Here's the EL content - At one time the Erie used the Meadville Branch as a
second mainline. Also, up in the park at one time were six? tracks for
excursion trains from the B&LE, PRR, Erie, NYC, and B&O. If you have ever been there,
this was near the corousel parking lot, where some cottages were.  I think the
Erie used to have their company picnics there.

There was also a tower and a water tank there at one time. The park was
originally owned by the Bessemer

Rick Fleischer
ELHS  1426
Cortland, Oh.