Re: (erielack) U34CH sound

If I remember correctly, no, there were no blanket speed restrictions.

	OOPS!!. Seem to remember that the U boats were restricted to 55 through
the Oranges. I don't remember when the speed restriction was lifted.

	On the Gladstone line, all Diesels were restricted to 10 MPH over Hog
Back Bridge, and there was a through girder bridge over a stream west of
B'ville that had a 10 MPH (IIRC) for Diesels also.

	They weighed around 385,000 pounds.

	Bill

Montgomery, Edward T wrote:
> Did the U34's have to run slower than the MU's on lighter rail?  I know
> they were very heavy locos.
>
> Ed Montgomery

Be a Locomotive Engineer:
Its the most fun you can have with 3000 HP