(erielack) RE: U34CH sound

 Love the stories about the U34CH's, but in freight service I recall they actually sounded just like any other U-boat of that class. When setup for passenger service they were powering the HEP at high idle.
 It's intresting, CNJ ended up getting GP40P's. Imagine if EL purchased those instead! I heard B&O was behind that purchase with the notion they could adapt them for freight service if the CNJ shed assests after liqudation.

Todd ~