RE: (erielack) questions about Erie steam locomotives

I don't recall. Did anyone ever offer an answer to this? I'm not all that
great about steam, but this is what I remember reading.

Class S1: Bell mounted in bottom mount vertical bracket, off a horiz. bar at
top front of smokebox.
             Units equipped with ATS.
             Only class to have cast trailing truck.

Class S2: Bell mounted in bottom mount vertical bracket, off a horiz. bar at
top front of smokebox.
             No ATS
             Assembled trailing truck.

Class S3: Bell mounted in top mount bracket, attached to smokebox front by
45 degree bracket.
             Equipped with ATS.
             Assembled trailing truck.

Class S4: Bell mounted in top mount bracket, attached to smokebox front by
45 degree bracket.
             No ATS.
             Assembled trailing truck.

It's not much, but I hope it helps.