RE: (erielack) film

Digital images have only been around for about the last 10 years.  Since I
bought my digital camera, I have NOT shot one roll of film.
Digital images are made up of 0s and 1s.  So when you store a digital image,
that's it - it never changes.  There is no fading, there is no water damage.
  You can delete it from your harddrive, you can edit the picture and save
it in a format that will have less detail because you specified a lower
pixel density, you can loose your photo CD, so in fact, you can destroy or
'damage' the picture, but once you save the original to a safe place, it is
possible to keep that picture as it was when you shot it, for ever.  Now if
you start with a bad picture, that's another story.

>Can anyone show me a digital image from fifty years ago that is as good?
>Twenty years?  Ten?  Five?  Last year?
Sorry, only five, because I purchased my first digital camera 5 years go -
yes, ALL are as good as when I shot them. Unfortunately, the bad ones are
also as bad and didn't fade away....

>How long will digital images last in an electro-magnetic environment,
>called our Earth's magnetic field?
For ever - if the earth's magnetic field were a problem, this computer I'm
typing on would not work, this message would not reach its destination and
you would not be able to read this message.

Bruce Alcock
Modeling EL in OK