(erielack) film

I have in hand, as I type this, a slide that I took in 1955 of an Alaska Railroad obervation car.  The slide now looks exactly as I remember the image when I took it -- crisp, clear and colorful.  I could duplicate it, show it or publish it.

Can anyone show me a digital image from fifty years ago that is as good?  Twenty years?  Ten?  Five?  Last year?

How long will digital images last in an electro-magnetic environment, called our Earth's magnetic field?

I won't be around to say, "I told you so", but I will be laughing.  I imagine Ansel Adams will be snickering, also.

Randy Brown