Re: Rahway Valley Photo was Re: (erielack) FW: NYSW List - Morristown & Erie ( Off topic)

Don,

As far as I know, Summit was a modest RV interchange point, even in DL&W
days.  In EL days I think it was a rare event to see RV at Summit, but some
of the other folks here, who are more familiar with the operation, may also
wish to comment on that.

Chuck

                      Tim
                      <njmidland_@_peoplepc
                      .com>               To:     Charles_Walsh_@_Berlex.com
                      Sent by:            cc:     donald kern <doubletrack_@_comcast.net>
                      erielack-owner_@_list         Erie Lackawanna Mail List <erielack@lists.railfan.net>
                      s.elhts.org                 erielack-owner_@_lists.elhts.org
                                                  Re: Rahway Valley  Photo    was Re: (erielack) FW: NYSW List -  Morristown & Erie ( Off
                      07/15/2005 10:34 AM         topic)
                      Please respond to
                      Tim

Don,

One additional point: correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that the DL&W
(and maybe later the EL as well) owned a significant chunk of RV stock
similar as to what was done with the L&HR and to a lesser extent the Nickel
Plate.

Chuck

Maybe at one time this was true, but from the late 1950's on the RV was
owned by two or three families (the M&E was similar).

Question:  how much interchange was there between DL&W/EL and RV compared
with LV and CNJ?  I always got the impression that the Summit interchange
was never very important.

Tim