Re: (erielack) Steamtown 10th Anniversary

Chuck, Randy,

As far as NJ is concerned about NEPA taking away tourist dollars, the only
tourist or commuter attraction in NWNJ is the Delaware River near the Delaware
Water Gap, so I don't see that as a problem.

The problem that I see is the two Lackawanna County commissioners who have no
clue as to what the reinstatement of rail service can do. As a matter of
fact, one of the things they attempted to do last year was to take over the
Lackawanna County Rail Authority and shift that authority's income to cover the
deficit of the Lackawanna County Stadium.

What they didn't see or didn't understand is that the Rail Authority's fiscal
funding is based upon revenues taken in during the fiscal year. Had those two
commissioners succeeded in their endeavours, the Rail Authority would have
shown no income and thus received no funding.

So yes, the politicians can do something but the aforementioned politicians
are obviously ignorant when it comes to this particular subject.

Rick

End of EL List Daily V3 #1704