(erielack) Caldwell Branch Contemplation

To view or download the image(s), click on or cut and paste the
following URL into your web browser:

http://lists.railfan.net/listthumb.cgi?erielack-07-06-05

GA_2506_CWellBr.jpg (image/jpeg, 642x443 80907 bytes, BF: 3.52 ppb)

I took a little hike on the Caldwell Branch trail during the weekend, over
the Peckman River bridge and past the traces of the station stop in Cedar
Grove (near the Pompton Ave. overpass).  Felt a twinge of sadness that I
never gave the line much attention while it was still there.  Only took one
shot having anything to do with it.  It was a grungy, gloomy winter day in
early 1975. I was unemployed, killing time, contemplating the upcoming end
of the EL.  Was hoping to take home some memories, like a heavy eastbound
climbing the grade to GA.  That was not to be.  Only thing shaking that day
was the Greenwood Lake Haul.  So I got a shot of him heading up the branch.
Didn't bother to try to chase him or get him coming back somewhere up the
line.  Much to my regret, 30-odd years later.

Jim Gerofsky