RE: (erielack) Paterson Yard office and Paterson Junction

John,
Isn't that the yard referred to as 'the iron hole' ???????? I fired commuter
trains from Hoboken up the ERIE mainline (& branches) and we referred to the
yard as the 'iron hole' as in we're coming up on the iron hole, or there's
the iron hole job.
    This was in the mid 60s, & it's been a while, so I wonder if anone can
clarify this.
Regards,
Walt Smith