RE: (erielack)DL&W Diamond and Green Ridge Branches industries ci rca 1956

I took some time and reviewed the maps of the DL&W Diamond and Green Ridge
Branches. Some of the industry names I could not make out, so this by no
means a complete list. It's getting late so I'll work on the list for the
Green Ridge Branch at another time. Here is a summary of Diamond Branch
industries with sidings circa 1956:

Beginning with the Diamond Branch crossing of Lackawanna Avenue there was
spur that came off the branch and ran down Mifflin Avenue to a point just
short of Mulberry St. Along this Mifflin Avenue spur were sidings for the
following:

*	Household Outfitting Co. (furniture)

*	Armour & Co. (wholesale meats)

*	David Spruks Co. (wholesale groceries)

Portion of Diamond Branch from Vine Street to the D&H interchange:

*	Scranton Flour and Grain

*	The Great Atlantic and Pacific Tea Co. (bakery)

*	Curtis Companies(?)

Continuing on the Diamond Branch industries located along Capouse Ave (site
of Pine Brook Breaker?):

*	Philip Monsky scrap yard.
*	Simmons Co. (bed springs)
*	The Manhattan Shirt Co.

Diamond Branch west side of Lackawanna River:

*	Pennsylvania Hide Co.
*	Scranton Builders Supply
*	Sungas Products
*	Diamond Breaker (replaced by "New Diamond Breaker" on the mainline?)

Hope this is of interest

Brian Palmer

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient (s) and may
of the original message. To reply to our email administrator directly, send
an email to EmailAdmin_@_toysrus.com.
Toys "R" Us, Inc.