Re: (erielack) Update on Stripping

Dave,
Here's another choice.  Have you tried 90% Isopropyl alcohol?  That's the rubbing type not the Jack Daniels type.  Make sure it's 90%, the 70% stuff for some reason doesn't seen to work well at all.
I use it to strip Proto 2000 GP7s that I custom paint into Erie black and yellow (list content and true).  It takes about 24 hours and loosens the paint enough to remove it with a soft tooth brush and does not affect the plastic.  It also works very well on Floquil paint, which I also occasionally have to remove when I screw one up.  The nice thing is that it evporates completely leaving no gunk.  Admittedly, I've only used this on P2K stuff.  If anyone else needs to strip another manufacturer's shells, let me know how it works (i. e. Atlas, Bachmann, BLI)
One final note: strangely enough, the P2K undecorated shells are actually painted with a primer that doesn't work and play well with the Floquil paint, so I strip even these so called undec pieces.
Thanks and regards,
Bob
NMRA 17940
ELHS3117