RE: (erielack) Lackawanna Diner 470/770 - Urgent appeal

In addition to John's message below, I just want to add my own personal appeal to all the DL&W and dining car fans on this list. We are standing on what is perhaps one of the most "choice" pieces of extant DL&W passenger equipment, and it would be a crying shame to let this slip through our fingers! Remember, this is the car that was the seed that sprouted the ELDCPS, and we feel that it is a perfect fit with the rest of our EL-related passenger equipment. Can you picture the 470 in a trainset with our NKP "City of Lima?"  I can! Years ago, I never would have imagined something like this to be possible. But today, it's within our reach, in large part due to the generosity of EL/Erie/DL&W enthusiasts like you.

Thanks for all your assistance in the past, and a big "thank you" to all who can help in any way in securing DL&W 470 for purchase, and eventually restoration, so that future generations can experience the glory that was the "classic Lackawanna."

Best regards,

Paul R. Tupaczewski
President, Erie Lackawanna Dining Car Preservation Society

P.S. If you're not already a member, have you considered joining the ELDCPS? It's only a $20 for a year, and you'll receive regular updates (both via E-mail and through our publication, "The Diner Digest") - and that $20 goes directly into the restoration of our equipment!