Re: (erielack) Cool Whip Reefers

Kraft Foods was and as far as I know, still is in Avon, New York and a
good customer of the LAL unless that has changed in the past couple of
years. From my understanding the plant in Avon was or is THE main
(only?) Cool Whip plant for the region. There are no longer outbound
loads of Cool Whip, that being handled by truck, but the corn sweeter
used in production comes in via the LAL in tank cars. Mr. Burt can shed
more light on the details.

Avon...Cool Whip and Beans.

Will Shultz

Schuyler Larrabee wrote:
> Now, maybe, but when it was brought to market, it was at a plant in the Niagara
> Fontier part of NYS, on the EL, and the ERIE bought the 5000 series orange
> mechanical reefers to service this shipper.  I just can't recall where it was.
>
> SGL

End of EL List Daily V3 #1575