(erielack) THE DIAMOND

I will just add my thoughts on THE DIAMOND.  This is done so
well.  The problem I have with it is going through it so fast.  It is
great reading and I hope it is being archived along with the other
records of the EL & DL&W.

I have a question and a comment for you to think about.  The
middle picture of the PA leading three E's on No. 6 out of Chicago
is great.  I'm trying to put my finger on the dage here.  There is an
ex-Erie RPO on the train and it doesn't look like the RPO dormitory
cars often used.  I suspect the picture was taken around 1965 or
later.

The second comment is the story on the Thru-Line coaches built in
1930.  I'm wondering if these were some of the last old-style design
coaches built.  The clerestory roof was being replaced by this time.
When the air conditioning was applied, how did they add it without
altering the roof design?  Other railroads including Lackawanna had
to.

Ed Montgomery