RE: (erielack) EL E-8's passenger service

Mike Dickinson asked:

> Modelers,  1st Question: Did the EL run the same E-8s as passenger
> power.  I have a model of 833 and was wondering which unit to
> model as
> it's companion power for a passenger train. The loco I have is a dual
> headlight version, if that helps.

The EL didn't stick to "paired units" as the Erie and DL&W did. They
just slapped together any E-units. The key here is to give the companion
unit a paint scheme to match the one on your 833 model (i.e., a paint
scheme that existed on your companion model at the same time as your 833
model)

Since it's a dual headlight unit, that limits you to the ex-DL&W units,
809-819 (although be wary, here: 815 and 816 lost their lower headlights
through accidents/rebuilds in later EL years)

End of EL List Daily V3 #902