(erielack) Railfanning Erie/EL Post 9/11

While I am an Erie/EL Delaware Division fan, I am thinking about shifting or
expanding my modeling horizons to include areas west of Binghamton. I am
considering, therefore,  a railfan trip to look at Erie/EL from Binghamton
west to at least Elmira and maybe as far as Gang Mills this coming weekend
or next. I wouldn't be chasing trains (which I assume are still few) but I'm
interested in the general lay of the land for scenery purposes,  the bridges
and industries or former industry sites, and maybe the yards where there are
good viewpoints off railroad property.

My question is how is the atmosphere there considering 9/11, the war, and
the recent Trains' article? Are there any places in particular to be
avoided? Or is the atmosphere so hostile that it's not worth it?

Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

Wes Wallace
Rockland, MA
ELHS #1593