Re: (erielack) custom painting

If you would like to eliminate step #12, use Scalecoat paints for your color
coats.  They dry to a very nice smooth gloss and don't need the extra layer
of glosscote over them in order to achieve good results with your decals.
Besides, every layer you put on adds up and diminishes the details on your
engine.

Tom Schmieder

>From: Michael Dickinson <squeaky_@_netsync.net>
>To: EL List address <erielack_@_lists.railfan.net>,
>"RAILROADmodeler_@_yahoogroups.com" <RAILROADmodeler@yahoogroups.com>
>Subject: (erielack) custom painting
>Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 19:43:40 -0400
>
>Painters,  I am trying to set up a list for myself to make sure I do not
>forget any step in the painting process. Please check out this list and
>see if  I have forgotten any steps.
>
>    1. Strip body and parts
>    2. Clean all parts
>    3. Body details ( what can be done now)
>    4. Primer coat
>    5. Paint (1st color)   first coat
>    6. Drying time
>    7. Paint ( 2nd coat)
>    8. Drying time
>    9. Masking
>   10. Paint (2nd color)
>   11. Unmask
>   12. Glosscoat
>   13. Decals
>   14. Dullcoat
>   15. Final detail parts
>   16. Weathering
>   17. Dullcoat/ sealer
>
>     I know that something was forgotten so just fill in the gaps. I also
>know that you will have a different order on some of the items. Thanks
>Mike Dickinson          ELHS #837

End of EL List Daily V3 #890